The Drive-Thru location for Henderson State Bank located at 901 Grant Avenue in York has been around for five years now.
If you’ve been around York for awhile, you might remember that corner as previously housing a drive-thru Pizza Hut location. The bank took the building and renovated it into a second branch here in York.
To celebrate the five year anniversary, Henderson State has planned a five-day long celebration at the location. Each day next week, you’ll be able to stop in for a special treat.
You can stop by on the following days for the following treats:
Monday – Muffin Monday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday – Treat Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday – Watermelon Wednesday + Lunch – Watermelon will be served from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the drive-thru.
Thursday – Lemonade and Iced Tea from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday – Float and Frosty Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – That sounds really good with the warm weather we’ve been having.
Congrats to the folks at Henderson State Bank on the fifth anniversary of their drive-thru and make sure to stop in and say Hi along with enjoying the many treats they will be waiting to serve you.
Emails run our lives
If you have ever conducted business online by now you are probably like me and get a ton of emails daily trying to get you to watch something, to buy something, to participate in something and just about anything else. So, since it’s been a little slow on the local business news I wanted to share what kind of stuff I get to wade through each day. So I took a look just at what I received the other day.
- Chase wanted me to click on a link to update my account information. I don’t have a Chase credit card. Run, Delete and stay away from this one. Someone is trying to get my information.
-Netflix has a new movie they think I’ll love.
- Fox Sports wants me to watch the Pacquiao fight. Nope, don’t want to pay for that.
- Spectrum wants me to upgrade to Spectrum Silver. I don’t even know if I’m going to stay with Spectrum Regular or whatever we are paying for right now.
-The York News-Times wants me to read all the daily headlines. Already read the actual paper.
- Southwest Airlines will give me 40,000 miles if I apply for their credit card. Already have too many credit cards. I’ll pass.
- Got the results from our golf trip a week ago. This is one I actually wanted.
- Verizon thanked me for my payment. You are very welcome.
- Netflix again has a great new movie which they know I’ll just love.
- I can now get my passport renewed in only 24 hours. It will just cost a lot of money.
- CBS All-Access will give me a free month. Just try it they say. What they don’t tell you is that they will start charging you big bucks if you happen to forget to tell them you want to quit after that free month.
- Omaha World-Herald wants me to take a survey. After the service I’ve been getting lately they probably shouldn’t have sent this one to me.
- Capital One thanked me for my payment. Glad you got it.
You get the idea. You can get inundated with this stuff. And what I’ve listed here some days are just a fraction of the total emails one can get. Sometime I long for the days when everything came by snail mail. These folks would think twice if they had to put a 55 cent stamp on all of these messages.
York County Fair coming up
The Fair is coming! The Fair is coming! The Fair is coming! That’s right, the first part of August always brings the York County Fair. Be sure to check all the events that are going on this year starting next week.
We’ve got a nephew getting married the end of next week so we aren’t going to be able to hit as many fair events as usual, but I’m sure they do just fine without us.
What the Heck:
Netflix has another movie they want me to watch. Do these people realize there are only 24 hours in a day?